Online Registration is Closed - LAPS 4 LUPUS- Dickinson, TX
Late Registration ($25) will be available at event. T-shirts are sold out! All Late registration participants will receive a t-shirt via mail after June 1, 2013
|Join the Lupus Community in the Galveston County area and walk for a worthy Cause!|
Saturday, May 18, 2013 7am -1pm
Dunbar Middle School
2901 23rd Street
Dickinson, TX 77539
Kids 8 and under are Free!
Walk to END Lupus Now, with supporters from Galveston County to help the Lupus Foundation of America find a cure for lupus. Laps for Lupus is a half day of fun with food and activities for the entire family!
Why should you participate in Laps for Lupus?
• More than 1.5 million Americans have lupus. In the area, over 30,000 people are living with lupus.
• The effects on individuals with lupus and their family and friends can be life diminishing, chronic and life threatening.
• Lupus is one of the most misunderstood and misdiagnosed disease, with no known cause.
Join us and help bring hope to millions of individuals affected by lupus. Get started today!
1. Register for the Walk.
2. Set a personal fundraising goal. We suggest about $300, minimum.
3. Form a Team and find a creative team name. Walking with a team is much more fun and makes it easier to raise money.
4. Start raising money. Set up a personal page online to email to everyone you know. Inform everyone you communicate with, including all social networking media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and let them know you are participating in the Laps for Lupus and ask for their support. Have your Facebook friends post the event on their wall.
5. Walk with your friends, family, team and the rest of Galveston County participants on May 18, 2013. Rain or shine, we’ll be there!
6. After the Walk fundraising. Post your photos on your Facebook page and share your experience with all your friends. Everyone has until July 6, 2013 to continue raising funds.
7. Win Great Prizes! The top three ‘individual” fundraisers on May 18, will win prizes donated by local merchants